Sometimes the first step to freedom is to self-evaluate, yet it is sometimes the most diffcult step in the process. If you are reading this section you have already begun that process, and we are here to help you realize what CHAANGE© can do for you. Consider the following statements:
- I sometimes feel uneasy and fearful without knowing why.
- I’ve had frightening physical symptoms that don’t seem to have a physical cause, yet they make me fear losing control or maybe even dying.
- I avoid some places, situations or activities to keep from having fearful feelings.
- If I think that others are judging me I get very anxious.
- Social situations are often uncomfortable for me. I fear I’ll be embarrassed or humiliated.
- I’m troubled by negative thoughts I can’t seem to stop.
- You may experience only one or maybe a combination of the symptoms listed above. It is important to keep in mind that some forms of anxiety are normal in life, but it’s when anxiety limits or interferes with your ability to lead a “normal” life that there’s reason for concern. When this happens, it is time for CHAANGE. Click here for our pre-program self-evaluation.
What is CHAANGE?
CHAANGE© is a four-month program based on cognitive (thought-based), behavioral, and goal-oriented theories. The program is divided into four phases.
- Phase 1: Defines anxiety conditions, tells you how and why they likely developed for you, and describes what happens in your body when you experience them.
- Phase 2: Teaches you how to relax your body to counteract the tension that anxiety produces. You will be given relaxation exercises which we encourage you to practice until they become automatic.
- Phase 3 and 4: Teaches you thinking, attitude, belief and behavior skills that will change your current non-productive patterns and, in effect, turn your life around.Choking or Smothering Sensations.
CHAANGE© can be completed in your own home, with an affiliated therapist, through phone consultations with Dr. John Pullen, or any combination of the above. The program allows you the control of how and when you complete the program, however it is essential that you follow the program to obtain the best results.
Begining Your Personal Connection with CHAANGE
A good way to do this is too work face-to-face with a CHAANGE affiliated therapist on a weekly basis.
These are professional, licensed, independent practitioners from the fields of psychology, medicine, counseling, social work, and other related disciplines who have been thoroughly trained in our methodology.
If distance or an inability to travel makes it difficult for you to visit a therapist in person, you also have the option of working with CHAANGE by yourself in the comfort of your own home. You can arrange weekly shipments of the program sessions from our national headquarters.
If you are interested in the second option, but feel you’d also like the support and guidance you get from a therapist as you go through the program, you can have regularly scheduled telephone consultations with us for as long as necessary to reach your goal.
For the name of a CHAANGE affiliated therapist near you, contact our national headquarters for a complete list.
We Provide All the Tools!
With regular updates, the concepts and methods of CHAANGE have been refined to reflect the latest thinking in the field. When you enroll in the program, we provide you with the following materials over the course of the 16 weekly sessions:
- 16 Interactive Audio CDs (Also available as MP3 download)
- Two Books
- Homework Materials
- Magazine and Journal Reprints
- Review Sheets
- 3-Ring Binder Notebook
- Periodic Evaluation Forms to Monitor Progress with CHAANGE
If you prefer to work with our digital program you can purchase and download the above material by visiting our catalog.
With CHAANGE, we are your partner as you move from fear to freedom.